Posted on April 21st, 2012 1 comment
Following is the step-by-step simple procedure if you are applying for a renewal of your LMV (Light Motor Vehicle) Driving License. This is my experience from doing this from the Indiranagar, Bangalore (East) RTO.
1. Go to the 2nd floor of the RTO building
2. At the help desk, pick up the forms
3. You will need to collect Form 9 (CMV9), Form 1A (CMV 1A)
Fill up all your details in Form9. Use form 1A which is actually a medical certificate. You need to get it certified from a Government Hospital. The Epidemic Diseases Hospital (Isolation Hospital) is quite close by, it is there near the Vivekananda Road Metro Station on Old Madras Road. Its a simple procedure, the doctor will ask a few questions and put the signature. You can pay whatever you wish, no specific fees. I paid 50 rupees
4. Go to Room no. 6 (driving license counter) to get the Fees amount noted on your form
5. Now go to Room no.1 to pay the fees. I had to pay 300 rupees
6. You need to buy an envelope (with stamps), the License will be posted to your address
7. Paste photographs in the appropriate areas. Buy a small polythene cover (envelope, cover available at one of the shops in the G.floor) and put the photos in that along with the ORIGINAL driving license
8. Attach Address Proof and all other documents as indicated above
9. Now go back to Room No.6
a. Get your photo clicked and fingerprints taken in the Photography & Biometric section
b. Once this is done, go to the Inward Counter and submit the forms. You will be given an acknowledgement
Your renewed license should reach you within a month at the address provided.
It is a simple & easy procedure. No need to give any bribe or hire an agent to get this done